This 1969 built Jet Ranger was with Transport Canada from 1969 to 2012. Photographed while in Canadian Coast Guard service, the helicopter was later upgraded to 206B configuration and is still current on the Canadian register as C-FNRR at the time of uploading.
A80-374 was delivered in April 1951, the RAAF's second helicopter and one of three S-51s The other two were lost in accidents but -374 soldiered on in the crash rescue role with 81 Wing at RAAF Williamtown until the early 1960s. Retired, it became an instructional airframe and then a recruiting aid. It was in Sydney's Hyde Park as part of the annual Waratah Festival. It later became an exhibit at the RAAF Museum, Point Cook.
VH-TOM was cancelled in August 1970 as sold in the New Hebrides. After two months as VP-PAY it returned to Australia as VH-AED after VH-TOM had been snapped up for use on a business jet. At the time a ban had been imposed on reregistrations.
A77-878 was delivered to the RAAF in 1953 and became an instructional airframe at RAAF Forest Hill in 1957. Passed to the Air Training Corps at Bankstown in 1966. -878 was exhibited in Hyde Park Sydney as part of the Waratah Festival in fake camouflage - it was silver in RAAF service. The undercarriage had been removed for transport. It was next on a plinth at the RAAF stores depot at Regents Park, Sydney, silver and with the gear doors closed. About 1988 it was removed and the wings cut off. The fuselage went to the RAAF depot at Dubbo before ending up at the Fleet Air Arm Museum, Nowra.
VH-KVI caught in the Rex Aviation hangar where it had been assembled after arriving in a crate. It was destroyed by fire after a crash near Bathurst, New South Wales on February 17, 1988. It would be almost three years before it was formally removed from the register.