Built as C-47A c/n 12858 USAAF serial 42-108901. It became one of 21 C-47s remanufactured by Douglas in 1946 as DC-3Cs (with single passengers doors) and was used as a corporate transport. At some point the double cargo doors of a C-47 were refitted. Became part of the Confederate Air Force in 1970. Returned to commercial cargo operations in 1980. Registration cancelled 2003.
VH-PNA was fitted with JATO and at one stage undercarriage doors. The latter were soon removed because of maintenance problems but the JATO pack remained. It is not recorded if it was used outside testing in 1961.
This C-47 (ex N1350M) was placed on display at the then US Air Force base at Frankfurt-Rhein Main airport in March 1986, on loan from the USAF Museum. It was soon painted in these markings, showing its original identity (delivered as such in Oct 1944).