This Air/UK/BMA hybrid is pictured taxying out for departure on a pretty dreich (dismal) day at EDI. The frame was originally delivered to MAL Malayan Airways as 9M-AML in August 1963 and finally scrapped at Norwich sometime after May 1994.
This aircraft was acquired ex PH-OGB with Limburg Airways which was based at Maastricht Airport in The Netherlands. Air Anglia merged into Air UK in 1980. G-BCDO was damaged beyond economic repair in an accident at Amsterdam 19 July 1990 when the starboard main gear collapsed during landing. The crew knew in advance that there might be a problem and the Emergency Services were in attendance. A clip of the emergency landing is available on YouTube.
Ex PH-FON (Aircraft Finance & Trading) it was apparently delivered to Citylink in January 1993. It returned 2 months later and had been reported as PH-FON again. Perhaps it was officially but the reg VT-ETE stayed painted on. Reported as acquired by WDL in November 1995. It was retired not very long afterwards and was moved next to the Flight Academy building at Mönchengladbach Airport, Germany. It has been there ever since still in the same colours. (valid up to 22 July 2019). See my photo of it as PH-FON (Citylink livery) at Maastricht 12 January 1993.
Not the very best picture, but a very interesting one. This 1965 F27 first flew in the Pakistani civil register before starting service with the Pakistani Air Force. The aircraft now flies as (FK-)77 within the same air force.
Seen here prior to leaving on lease to Citylink Airways (India) as VT-ETE in February 1993. Under two months later it had returned and was once again PH-FON. Went to WDL (Germany) in November 1995 as D-AELL remaining in the basic Citilink Airways colours. It was retired not very long afterwards and was moved next to the Flight Academy building at Mönchengladbach Airport, Germany. It has been there ever since right up to this day (22 July 2019).
Originally slated for delivery to TAA as VH-TFL , but not taken up. It was delivered to MMA on 7 December 1959 as VH-MMS. It was later transferred into the Ansett Transport system and after storage was eventually sold as OB-1454 to Transpacific Enterprises Inc in October 1993. It was WFU and used for spares at Santiago, Chile in October 1993.