The second of four 767s ordered by Pacific Western, C-GPWB was delivered April 2, 1983. The non-ER aircraft proved too large for the airline's domestic network and the last two orders were cancelled with the two remaining 767s sold to Air Canada.
Delivered to American Airlines as Flagship Maryland N7507A February 27, 1958. this early 707 was bought by Atlantic Richfield (ARCO) in May 1987. It was sold to Coastal States Gas Corm and hush-kitted in May 1987. Sold to several leasing companies over the years, but continued to be operated for Coastal States Gas. The airliner was retired and stored at Miami, FL in March 1995 and soon flown to Amarillo, TX to be broken up.
Merrill Lynch took delivery of this Challenger in October 1981. It was traded back to Canadair in July 1988. The aircraft is presently resting at the Dodson International Parts compound in Rantoul, KS.
Western airplanes got Delta titles very quickly when their merger integration began April 1987, but the transitional color scheme lasted a bit longer. This 737 remained in the Delta fleet for another twenty years, although the last two were spent in storage at Phoenix-Goodyear airport. It went to Mexico as XA-UIU at the end of 2007.
This 1992 1900C was originally delivered to Business Express as N823BE. After the airline was forced into bankruptcy in 1996, the aircraft was returned to the lessor as they divested of all types except for their Saab 2000. Entering Pacific Coastal's fleet in June 2006, it's still current at the time of uploading.
This former Canadian Regional Airlines Fellowship was withdrawn from use in September 2001 and stored at Vancouver with the registration painted over. It was still there in much the same situation by 2012, but by 2014 it had been donated to the airport authorities for use as a training aid for the airport fire services. It was still present at the airport by mid 2018.
A Walrus at an airshow on the Candian west coast. Some searching reveals that K8343 / 769 and K8341 / 780 were on board the British cruiser Exeter which visited Victoria, BC in the summer of 1937. Both airframes were still assigned to the ship at the time of the Battle of the River Plate against the Admiral Graf Spee in December 1939. Photo by: James Crookall / City of Vancouver Archives
'Captain Hawks leaving Vancouver airport for Los Angeles.' The fourth of the five Travel Air R racing aircraft had longer-span wings and Frank Hawks, who clearly was not superstitious, used Texaco 13 to set some 200 'speed records' between various cities. The text on the fuselage reads:'This plane has traveled 100,000 miles at an average speed of 192 m.p.h. on inter city flights in the U.S., Canada and Europe.' Hawks crashed it on 16 April 1932, but it was repaired and is preserved in the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. Photo by: Stuart Thomson / City of Vancouver Archives
Barkley-Grow Aircraft of Detroit first flew the T8P (Transport, 8 Passenger) in April 1937. It had a very unorthodox wing construction and fixed landing gear. Skis or floats could easily be fitted, the floats coming with an additional central tailfin. Only eleven T8P-1s were built. Yukon King was one of three delivered to Yukon Southern. Photo by; James Crookall / City of Vancouver Archives
The first Canadian Hurricanes were 20 British-built aircraft which arrived in Vancouver by ship early in 1939. They entered service with No 1 (F) Squadron at RCAF Sea Island, now YVR. Most of them were sent back to Britain with the squadron in May 1940, including 314, ex L1763. Photo by: James Crookall / City of Vancouver Archives
Painted orange-yellow with red trim, Shell's NC926Y was built in 1930, when Lockheed was a Detroit Aircraft company. It is seen here at the opening of Vancouver's airport on Sea Island with, left to right, Mayor Taylor, Shell chief pilot John Macready and BC Premier Tolmie. The Vega ended up in Lithuania. Photo by: Stuart Thomson / City of Vancouver Archives
The third Merlin-powered DC-4 for Trans-Canada Air Lines. In the foreground is VH-AMA Amana, an Australian National Airways DC-4-1009. Using ANA DC-4s, British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines (BCPA) had started a Sydney - Auckland - Fiji - Kanton Island - Hawaii - San Francisco - Vancouver service in 1946. Photo by: Don Coltman / City of Vancouver Archives
This 1983 360 was owned by Short Brothers and leased out through their Short Air Lease division as N131DA to several US airlines before Time Air leased it in November 1990. The airline changed it's name in March 1993 as several companies were merged into Canadian Partner. The aircraft was returned the following December and it was later sold in the USA. Eventually going to Panama in September 1996 as HP-1326 for Aeroperlas Regional, the fuselage remains as headquarters for the Aero Club de Panama.