Wearing Fighter Squdron "Vosges" markings (EC 02-011). Wfu from French Air Force inventory in 1975. Seen here within Duxford Museum. Now preserved in USAF camo colours inside American Air Museum also in Duxford as 54-2165.
Previously used for ground instruction at RAF Colerne as 7151M from 27 July 1954. Stored at Duxford from 1976, then displayed at Newark Air Museum from 24 March 1983. Sold in 1991 to Kermit Weeks, Polk City, Florida as N229VT; still current in 2019.
This Wessex entered service in 1965 and is now enjoying its retirement in AirSpace at the IWM Duxford. Of course, a much more side-on shot would have been nicer but that ugly, yellow info-board was in the way.
In the old Superhangar at Duxford. Clockwise from TA719. Avro Lancaster X G-LANC, Bristol Britannia 312 G-AVOT, Short Sunderland MR.5 ML796, Handley Page Hastings C.1A TG528, McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.2 XV474, Avro Vulcan B.2 XJ824 and Supermarine F24 Spitfire VN485.
With nose art "Mary Alice. Originally built for the USAAF as B-17G-95-DL, serial 44-83735. Converted in 1947 to executive passenger config as NL68269 and N68269. To Institut Geographique Nationale as F-BDRS in 1952. WFU in 1972 and to Duxford in 1975.