Former instructional airframe that became a gate guardian for the Air Training Corps at Claremont in Perth. Acquired by the WA Museum of Aviation in 1993 but current whereabouts unknown. Drill hall demolished and site redeveloped as shops. A street that is part of the development named Avion Way to honour the ATC connection.
Painted yellow and posed as if it had plunged into the ground, A79-985 was a billboard for Weaver and Lock's soft drinks on the Albany Highway at suburban Armadale for many years. It had crashed at RAAF Pearce on September 15, 1956. It was scrapped in 1996 but had been removed from the roadside many years before that.
The Artillery Drill Hall in Fremantle was home to an Air Training Corps unit. The Vampire served as an instructional airframe for the cadets. A79-111 was scrapped in 1970. The building in the right background is the gatehouse of the heritage listed Fremantle Gaol built in 1856. It was still a prison when the photo was taken and closed in 1991.
Night fighter version with radar nose and a crew of two that served with the Scuola Caccia Ogni Tempo (All-Weather Fighter School) at Amendola. Preserved in Torino since 1972 and taken on by the Museo Storico after the other museum was closed. Built under license by Aer Macchi as referenced on the tail, with additionally 'REV. 27-8-958' below the factory name.