Built as C-47A c/n 12858 USAAF serial 42-108901. It became one of 21 C-47s remanufactured by Douglas in 1946 as DC-3Cs (with single passengers doors) and was used as a corporate transport. At some point the double cargo doors of a C-47 were refitted. Became part of the Confederate Air Force in 1970. Returned to commercial cargo operations in 1980. Registration cancelled 2003.
Approaching to land on Rwy 13 after crossing the Atlantic like thousands of other B-17s during the war. Liberty Belle is on a two week European tour and will visit the original aircraft's base in England as well as doing the round of airshows whilst here.
Ex USAF 52-994, registered to the Detroit Institute of Aeronautics as N86599 in June 1973, and seen here still in its Georgia ANG markings. On 9 Oct 1986 it was flown from there to McChord Air Force Base, Washington, where it was placed on static display. This was the last flight of a C-124 worldwide.