Glasshouse later replaced by windows but aircraft appears not to have flown in that configuration. Withdrawn from use at Bankstown in 1951 and stored. Restoration to display standard started in Australia in 1980. Incomplete project traded to the RAF Museum. Displayed as W2068 in a mix-up with another Anson stored with VH-AZU. Photo from: Civil Aviation Historical Society, Melbourne, Australia
Kaydets stored at Hill Field after the war. Apart from one USAAF Stearman PT-13D (42-17672 / 2D27, c/n 75-5835), several US Navy N2S-5 Kaydets can be read. In the top left corner is 52676 / 121, and in the top middle row are (left to right) 52726 / 116, 52731 / 109, 52640 / 29x and 52713 / 93x. In the bottom middle row are (left to right) 52836 / 164, 52758 / 134, 52741 / 125 and 52827 / 154. They all belong to cancelled batch 52627-53049, many of which were apparently built (for the USAAF?) and partially painted, but not delivered. Photo from: Utah State Historical Society
TAA publicity photo of its new DC-4. TAA would operate it until it crashed on approach to Brisbane on May 24, 1961 while on a freight flight. The captain had a heart attack and collapsed over the controls as he tried to exit his seat.
The personal aircraft of the Duke of Gloucester during the years he was governor-general of Australia. It was taken on charge by the RAAF and received the serial A74-1. This serial was never painted on the aircraft, which was returned to the RAF in January 1947. MW140 was withdrawn from use in 1952 and later scrapped.
This 049 Constellation was delivered to TWA on 19 February 1946 and was later named "Star of Tripoli". Converted from first class to coach in 1953. Total time at May 1959 41,203 hours. Sold to Las Vegas Hacienda in May 1961. From TWA 60 years ago.
The prototype stretched Tudor 2 taking off on a test flight. Retains the original pointed fin shape. Crashed on take-off at Woodford on 23 August 1947 because of incorrect assembly of ailerons. Designer Roy Chadwick and others were killed. Obtained from Avro over 50 years ago.
Delivered to USAAF as C-54E 44-9120 in May 1945. Converted to DC-4 standard by Douglas in late 1945 and delivered to TWA on 5 February 1946. Named "Arc de Triomphe". Seen at Gander during a trans-atlantic crossing. Destroyed by fire at La Guardia on 28 September 1948. From TWA 60 years ago.
This 049 Connie was delivered to TWA on 29 January 1946 and named "Star of Africa". It is seen just after take-off with nose and main gear nearly retracted. She amassed 42,955 hours before retirement and sale in 1962. Obtained from TWA 60 years ago.
Mosquitos of the RAFs Second Tactical Air Force were based at A.75 Cambrai - Epinoy from November 1944 and No. 69 Squadron operated this example between August 1945 and transfer to Wahn on 1 April 1946. Image is from 613 Squadron archive.