Participant to Battle of Britain Air show 1990. Was initially HZ-ACG with Saudia Arabian Airlines and delivered to Ausralian Air force in october 1988. Aircraft was destoyed during a training flight at East Sale, Victoria - Australia in October 29, 1991 killing all the 5 crew members.
Acquired by a Monak orchardist in 1954 and used as playground equipment. Recovered in 1967 by the now closed Warbirds Aviation Museum at nearby Mildura. It has been under restoration at the RAAF Museum, Point Cook, since 1987. Years of weather exposure played havoc with the wooden airframe.
Instructional airframe with 24 Sqn. Disposed of in 1969 and displayed at a service station near RAAF Laverton in Victoria. Later displayed at the Dubbo Military Museum, NSW. Sold in 2007 and present location unknown.
Note the blind flying hood fitted to the front seat. Demons were used for training at the outbreak of World War II. A1-2 was damaged in a taxiing accident at Point Cook air base on March 17, 1941. Not repaired.
Struck from below by fellow Roulette A7-049 while rehearsing for an airshow on March 10, 1988. -049's pilot ejected and -054 made a belly landing at RAAF East Sale. Not repaired. Used for fatigue testing and as an instructional airframe before the fuselage was offered to aviation museums c.2006.
A6-15 was rebuilt in 1940 by Clyde Engineering, a company better known for its railway locomotives. The aircraft overhaul plant was at Lidcombe, away from Clyde's main works at Granville. A6-15 crashed at Camden, NSW, on July 16, 1941.
The first Australian DH-5. Operated by 2 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps. Later carried the legend "New South Wales No 16, The Upper Hunter Battleplane" which was initially DH-5 A9245. Photo from: National Library of Australia