After taking delivery of five 747-100s, Air Canada took delivery of C-GAGA March 1975, their first 747-200 Combie. It's pictured as the fleet was undergoing a color scheme change and has the titles in red instead of the old black, but has yet to get the updated color scheme. The aircraft was withdrawn from service in 1999, stored at Marana, AZ and later broken up.
This Hercules was initially USAF C-130E 61-2365 that was later was converted to a WC-130E. Stored in AMARC in 1993, the aircraft was sold to Evergreen Helicopters in February 1999. Bought by Snow Aviation in August 2005 for development of their C-130M, a that would give operators a Hercules conversion to bring their aircraft to near C-130J performance. Snow went into receivership circa 2011. N307SA escaped the liquidation sale and has been sitting in limbo at Rickenbacker Field for some time.
This Phantom was part of the 58th Tactical Fighter Training Wing while stationed at Luke AFB. Later with the Texas Air National Guard, the fighter ended up at Warner Robbins AFB as a battle-damage repair trainer before becoming part of the base's Museum of Aviation collection.
Another rebuilt and upgraded Beaver emerges from Kenmore Air's hangar. Originally AF402 of the Zambian Air Force delivered July 15, 1965, the aircraft arrived in Kenmore, WA during September 1984. First flight as N5484U on April 25, 1989, the aircraft spent the next 25 years flying around the west coast of Washington and BC to Shaw Island WA. It unfortunately hit trees on take-off from a private Shaw Island airport on January 4, 2014. Returning to Kenmore Air Harbor, it was rebuilt to become N22KK with Kenmore Air.
CP Air's first 737, delivered October 21, 1968, is pictured after refurbishment and re-painting for PeoplExpress. Their first 737-200, PeoplExpress had 17 ex-Lufthansa 737-130s in their fleet and bought 5 of CP Air's early 737s. This one became N431PE.
Former US Army Skycrane 69-18482 was registered N171AC to Erickson Air-Crane in August 1992. It's pictured temporarily rotor-less after July first flights with composite blades under development by Erickson.
First flying with Saskatchewan Government Airways for 32 years, this 1950 Beaver was registered CF-GQJ / C-FGQJ until becoming N590RS in 1998. This was the last Beaver built without the port hole window aft of the cabin door.
Taken on strength April 7, 1970, 116749 was placed in storage for a while due to budget constraints before joining 434 Squadron. Later with 533 and 419 Squadrons before being used as an instructional airframe serialed A887 in 1988. When the type was retired in 1995, the aircraft was preserved at Air Command Headquarters in Winnipeg, MB in 434 Squadron colors.
Although delivered to Flying Tigers in September 1953, this DC-6 was leased by Northwest Airlines from November 1953 - August 1961. Pictured with Zantop International, the freighter would fly with Conifair Aviation as C-GBYB from 1990 - 1992. It would end up in Fairbanks, Alaska as N3050P with Tatonduk Outfitters / Everts Air Fuel as a source of parts for their DC-6 fleet.
One of 33 747s flown by KLM over the years, Amazone was delivered May 12, 1971. Retired in 1989, it was sold to a holding company and leased to America West Airlines for their Pacific flights. Again withdrawn in 1992 and stored at Mojave, CA until May 1994 when it was moved to San Antonio, CA and broken up.
Delivered to Frontier Airlines March 30, 1978, this 737 would be sold to United Airlines in January 1986. Registered N974UA, the sale came shortly after Frontier was bought by People Express in October 1985. The airliner was withdrawn by United and stored at Victorville, CA in September 2001. Sold to LJH Aviation Management Services Corp in February 2005, it was scrapped soon after.