This prototype CL-41 Tutor flew with Canadair as CF-LTW-X from first flight in January 1960 until the flight test program ended April 28, 1964. Stored in Montreal, the aircraft was donated to the Canadian Armed Forces in 1970. Mounted on a pole at CFB Portage, the trainer was painted in RCAF Golden Centennairs colors and retroactively given the serial 114000. Pictured at CFB Trenton, it is being restored by the National Air Force Museum to a more original configuration.
The third of four CL-84s built (1 company prototype and 3 improved production CL-84-1s for the Air Force). The CL-84 was tested by the Canadian Air Force and Canadair from 1971 - 72 and jointly with the Royal Air Force and the US Navy in 1972 - 74. Two aircraft were lost during testing due to mechanical failures, with this surviving aircraft being donated to the Canada Air and Space museum in 1984. The last aircraft built never flew and was until recently, displayed at Western Canada Aviation Museum, Winnipeg, MB.
Built by Rootes at Liverpool - Speke in March 1945. Ditched in Lake Mjosa Norway 24.4.45 when hit during a supply mission supporting Special Forces when operated by 644 Squadron RAF. Shown during restoration at Trenton with starboard inner Bristol Hercules just installed after overhaul.
Built by Rootes at Liverpool - Speke in March 1945. Operated by 644 Squadron RAF based at Tarrant Rushton, Dorset. Ditched in Lake Mjosa, Norway on 24.04.45 after being hit when supporting Special Forces. Shown in 2004 during painstaking restoration at CFB Trenton with focus on rear turret and fuselage.
Harvard 3830 was with the Royal Canadian Air Force from May 1941 - October 1960 when it was transferred to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation. Stored until sold to Hicks & Lawrence, an aerial application company with many agricultural aircraft, in 1966. After several other owners, the aircraft was donated in 1996 to the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association with whom it still flies in it's vintage RCAF colors.
This 727 flew with Tunisair christened "Kairouan" from 1976 to 1999 when it was sold to Kalita Equipment Leasing and converted to a freighter. First Air was the last airline to fly the aircraft from 2000 to 2003. Withdrawn in Ottawa, it has ended up training fire fighters at the airport.
After 747s and DC-10s took over Lufthansa's flying to Canada, Toronto only saw the classic 707 on cargo flights from Germany. Delivered October 16, 1970, D-ABUY unfortunately impacted mountain tops during departure from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on a July 26, 1979 night.
Ontario Express began flying in July 1987. The airline introduced the Jetstream (and the ATR 42) types into Canada. This aircraft was delivered February 24, 1988 and returned to the Royal Bank of Canada in February 1994 as Canadian Regional Airlines combined the operations of Onrario Express and Time Air.
Taken at the main base camp of the operator, Pickerel Arm Camps. This lies 16 miles southwest of Sioux Lookout, Ontario, next to Highway 72, on Pickerel Arm, which is itself a 20 mile long branch of Minnitaki Lake.
Delivered to CP Air March 26, 1985 using a registration previously on a CP Air DC-8-43, C-FCPI was sold to the GPA Group and leased to VASP as PP-SNR in July 1987. Returned in late 1992, the aircraft was placed with Morris Air March 26, 1992 and later folded into Southwest Airline's fleet during their merger. Finally withdrawn in 2014, it was broken up in August.