Used to support the construction of the Manapouri power station, and sold in Fiji as VQ-FBC in February 1969. Utah Williamson Burnett was a joint venture between Utah Construction & Mining Company (USA), Burnett Motors Ltd. (Ashburton, New Zealand) and W. Williamson Construction Company (Christchurch, New Zealand), created solely for the Manapouri power station project in New Zealand.
Operated on services from Mackay to Brampton Island on the Great Barrier Reef but was unable to handle the sea conditions. Sold in New Zealand as ZK-CDV. Airline returned to using boats until an airstrip was built. TAA photo.
Parked outside the General Aviation Terminal and photographed from the very useful northerly pier. The name on the nose was not recorded at the time and is not quite readable on the image. To C-GHDD in 1974. Cancelled 7 May 1988. To VH-OAW and then to turbine power as VH-PPI.
This 1950 Mallard was used by Grumman as a demonstrator and company transport until sold to Union Oil in 1954. Registered to AiResearch as N76UL until sold to West Coast in 1974. Sold to the USA in 1979, the aircraft is still current as N54GZ at the time of uploading.