Built in July 1941 for Penn Central. Impressed by USAAF as C-49H 42-38328 in March 1942. Returned to Penn Central in July 1944. Absorbed by Capital in April 1948 and named "Capitaliner Morgantown" Sold in August 1950. From Capital 60 years ago.
Delivered to US Navy as R5D-1 Bu50841 in August 1944. Converted to DC-4 standard by Douglas in September 1946. Served Pennsylvania Central Airlines until April 1948 when name changed to Capital Airlines. Named "Capitaliner Youngstown". Seen with downtown Washington in background. Capital merged into United on 1 June 1961 and this DC-4 was sold in August that year. Obtained from Capital 60 years ago.
Preserved in Capital Airlines colours. It was ordered by Capital Airlines as N7471 but never delivered to them. Was used by a number of operators until it went to the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum in 1992. Last flew in the mid-1990s.