A lovely wintery backdrop for this smartly painted Viscount. Originally built for the United States Steel Corporation as N906 and delivered on 19 November 1956. It ended it's days after a succession of owners before sale to Viscount Unlimited Inc at Tucson in February 1988. It was WFU in October 1993 and scrapped at Tucson. The registration was cancelled in January 1998.
Pictured taxing out to rw09L for departure. The plane was originally delivered to MidAtlantic Airways in June 2004 and flew with US Airways Express branding. Since August 2018 it has been been flying for Republic with Delta Connection branding.
The third prototype of the AW609 was built in Italy and is undergoing certification testing at Leonardo's facility in Philadelphia, PA. The fourth test aircraft is nearing completion in the USA with the fifth in production configuration under assembly at the time of uploading.
The Camair Twin Navion was not a particularly successfull attempt to improve upon the well-liked, but slightly under-powered, Ryan navion. In the end only 33 examples were produced with this one on display at the super mid-Atlantic Air Museum.
Helicopter pioneer Frank Piasecki founded PV Engineering in 1940 and flew his first helicopter, the single seat PV-2, in 1943. Renamed Piasecki Helicopter Corporation in 1946, Mr. Piasecki left the company in 1955 to form the Piasecki Aircraft Company. Concentrating on compound helicopter and other advanced vertical flight designs, the original Pathfinder flew in 1962. Pictured at the Vertical Flight Society's Forum75, the larger Pathfinder II flew in 1965 under a joint Army/Navy development contract. It was returned to the Piasecki in 1968 for further company funded research.
The sole surviving example of a Spratt Controlwing unconventional light aircraft. A small series was built in the 1960/70s, some having a seaplane hull. All had a pusher engine at the rear and the wings could be moved in flight to provide control. Side-by-side seating for pilot and passenger.