The first Fu-24 with its open cockpit. By October 1956 it had been enclosed. The basic aircraft remains in production albeit highly developed with a turboprop engine producing more than three times the power of the initial version.
VH-AZM was based in the Northern Territory. It was sold to the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Queensland but retained its NTMS markings and titles for some time after the sale. Reregistered VH-DRF in January 1961.
Few photos exist of the only piston-engine Porter to grace the Australia register. It was based in Papua New Guinea and became P2-UIE when that country adopted its own register in May 1984. It was used in support of the Catholic Divine Word Mission missionaries.
The RAAF's last four Beaufighters gathered at what is believed to be RAAF Richmond where 30 (Target Towing) Sqn was based. In early 1956 the aircraft were ferried to Tocumwal. Three were scrapped there but the second aircraft in this line-up, A8-328, was donated to the Lord Mayor's camp for children at Portsea, Victoria from where it was rescued in 1962 and preserved.