A-26C 44-35752 was delivered in 1945, but too late to see action in WWII. Retired by the Air Force in 1958, the bomber was purchased by Rock Island Oil & Refining Co in 1960 and registered N8627E. By 1963 it had been converted to a fire bomber and was sold to Kenting Aviation in 1972 as CF-KBZ. Added to Conair's fleet in August 1973, it flew another 15 years fighting fires in British Colombia. Sold in 1988 to Canadian Warplane Heritage as A-26s were replaced by Firecats, the warbird was again sold in the USA as N81797. It was donated to the Carolinas Aviation Museum Charlotte, NC in 2006.
VH-ULG was one of three DH.50s built by Qantas with Bristol Jupiter engines. Qantas also built four Puma powered DH.50A models. -ULG was sold in Papua New Guinea in 1935 and crashed at Chimbu on November 10, 1937. Photo from: State Library of Queensland