Delivered to the USAAF as C-54B 43-1718 and converted by Douglas to civil DC-4 standard (C54B-DC) postwar, this aircraft served with Pan Am, Panagra, National and Northwest earlier in it's career. The old MIA cargo area had 55 gallon metal drums in nearly every empty space.
Faucett's C-47B, in service 1946-1972, parked in front of the Lima "graveyard" for aircraft of defunct airlines. This arresting scene includes DC-3/4/6, Curtiss C-46 and Lockheed Constellations. DC-6 OB-R-830 (blue) of Aeronaves del Peru (right). L749A OB-R-802 of Peru Internacional (left), amongst many others in this "Enthusiast's Heaven" - but not, alas, for the doomed piston engined airliners!