After World War II, the US Air Force stored this C-46 in 1946. Sold to Flying Tiger Line in 1950, the Commando flew passengers and freight for the next 38 years. In 1988, however, the aircraft was seized by US Marshalls for allegedly running guns. It was later turned over to the Smithsonian Institution and placed on permanent loan to the National Warplane Museum. On loan to the Glen H Curtiss Museum since around 2001, it's located at the entrance to the museum in Hammondsport, NY.