You don't see too many ski-equipped C-47's. Triple Seven Yankee Alpha had been stored for quite some time at Palmer and had seen several changes of ownership but kept the 'Woods Air Service' titles. Its career took off again in 2007 and ended with Bush Air Cargo in 2015 due to a landing accident, still in the same colours.
Eagle's C-47B Dakota bearing the fleet name "Sir Richard Kempenfelt" and the airline's shield. The previous owner's name "Cynthia" (of Starways) is still visible to the right of the shield. Ex RAF KN566. Later displayed at RAF Lyneham as "FZ625".
Delivered to the USAAF in 1942 as 41-18663. It entered the Australian register in July 1944. It has been operated by ANA, on lease, and in 1946 became one of the first aircraft in the TAA fleet. It was sold to Bush Pilots in 1970 but was soon withdrawn from use at Archerfield due to corrosion. It was sold Chewing Gum Field Museum and transported to its Tallebudgera hangar in 1978. It was last reported circa 2006 in Swan Hill, Victoria, stored dismantled on a farm.
The third DC-3 to be imported into Australia. It was purchased by ANA and entered the Australian Register as VH-ABR in 1938. It was impressed by the RAAF as A30-3 during World War II. In 1957 following the merger with Ansett Airways, it flew with Ansett-ANA. -ABR passed to subsidiary Airlines of South Australia in 1961. ASA retired the veteran DC-3 in March 1971 but it flew on doing charter work for Ansett Airlines of Australia until 1975. -ABR was displayed at Melbourne-Tullamarine before being restored in 1988 for the Australian Bicentennial. In the wake of the bankruptcy of Ansett, it passed to the R.M. Ansett Historical Aircraft Society,