Post-war built DC-3D "St Colmcille" served Aer Lingus from new in February 1946 until sale to Nepal in July 1964. She is on short finals to Manchester Ringway's now closed 3300 ft subsidiary Runway 20, inbound from Dublin.
Assembled by Douglas from uncompleted C-117 parts. Delivered to Aer Lingus in February 1946 as "Saint Colmcille". Seen in front of the newly opened Manchester terminal and tower, wearing the later "green top" scheme.
HB-IRB has just arrived on the schedule from Kloten and airport staff push the steps towards the small pax door of this postwar-built DC-3D. Served Swissair from March 1946 until sale in September 1964 as LN-LMK.
Smartly clad passengers make their way to Sabena's postwar-built DC-3D - distinguished by the small passenger door of this late variant. OO-AUM wears the early postwar scheme of large registration and no white top. Fur coats and felt hats are in evidence. Obtained from Sabena over 60 years ago.
Postwar-built DC-3D delivered to Air France on 20 March 1946. Operating the schedule from Ringway to Paris (Le Bourget). The numerals on the tower inform pilots of non-radio aircraft the runway in use. F-BAXB was written off on 11August 1951.
One of 28 DC-3D's completed by Douglas in 1946 using uncompleted C-117 parts. HB-IRC served Swissair from April 1946 until May 1969, latterly with SLS. It is arriving at Ringway on a dull winter's late afternoon on the four-hour scheduled flight from Zurich Kloten.