The HD 24 biplane was flown as a training floatplane by the DVS (German Airline Pilot School, actually a covert military school). D-1313 was built for Gunther Plüschow, an adventurer who become famous as 'the pilot of Tsingtao' (Qingdao) during WWI, hence the aircraft's name. The plane was shipped to Punta Arenas, Chile for his South American explorations. He crashed it and was killed near the Argentino Lake in January 1931. Photo from: ETH-Bibliothek Zürich
Became VH-UGJ in 1929. The Australian Aero Club (NSW) became the Aero Club of NSW and then the Royal Aero Club of NSW. VH-UGJ remained with the club until it was written off in a landing accident on October 8, 1940 by which time it had been fitted with a Gipsy engine in place of the Cirrus. Photo from: National Library of Australia
In 1928 G-AUEZ was stretched and re-engined to become a Lasco Lascowl powered by an Armstrong-Siddeley Jaguar radial. It did nothing to improve the appearance of the Rolls-Royce Eagle powered ANEC III. Only three were built and all were shipped to Australia. Two were converted to Lascowls. -AUEZ became VH-UEZ. Its CoA was not renewed in 1932.
The Aldershot was a large long range heavy bomber which served 99 Squadron RAF from 1924 until 1926. There were two prototypes and 15 production examples. J6852 was the first to fly in early 1922. It was later modified as the Type 549C with an 850 h.p. Beardmore Typhoon as seen here. From Avros 60 years ago.
This was the prototype Model 69 F2B carrier based fighter and first flew on 3 November 1926. It was tested by the U.S. Navy and 32 production F2B-1's served aboard USS Saratoga with VF-1B and VB-2B Squadrons. Obtained from Boeing 60 years ago.
The first of two single-seat research and racing monoplanes built at Stag Lane in 1927. This example achieved a world's closed circuit class record of 186.4 mph and a world's altitude record of 19,191 ft on 29 September 1927. To Australia as VH-UNH. Crashed at Mascot 17 September 1930. From DH 60 years ago.