The circa 1930 hangar at Croydon used by Olley Air Service in the early 1950s to overhaul many ex RAF Tiger Moths and Proctors for resale. DE631 coded '18' is second from the left and was allocated G-ANJX but was damaged during storage and was scrapped. Also visible are Airspeed Consul G-AIOS and Miles Gemini G-AMGF to its left.
KLM's first own aircraft were F.IIs H-NABC and H-NABD. They were also the first planes in the Dutch register, both inscribed on 13 September 1920. The photo is thought to have been taken at Croydon in 1920. Photo from: San Diego Air & Space Museum
Swissair's first DC-3 and flagship of the fleet. Fitted with right hand door. Delivered from the Fokker DC-2/3 assembly line at Schiphol on 10 June 1937. Has the prewar style of titling below the cabin windosw when operating to Croydon in 1938. Sold to Ozark in 1955 as N2815D. Image obtained over 50 years ago.