Butler's three Ambassadors did not survive the takeover by Ansett and VH-BUK returned to the UK as G-AMAH. It saw just eight months of service, a part of which was spent being repaired after it sank back into the runway at Canberra, gear up, during crew training on March 1, 1958. Photo from Dannecker Collection
Bought by Ansett Transport Industries from JAL in 1963 and placed into service with subsidiary Airlines of NSW. In 1965 it was selected for conversion to a Carvair. Australian authorities insisted Australian Carvairs had to be converted from DC-4s, not the lighter C-54s. By the time Ansett ordered its third Carvair (VH-INM), this requirement had been dropped.
The NSW was the only division of the RFDS to operate the Beagle 206, which it did from Broken Hill as replacement for DHA Drovers. VH-FDA ditched near Corfu on December 12, 1978, while being ferried back to the UK.
VH-ELH in the small hangar attached to Flight Facilities that was the base for Helicopter Utilities. Flight Facilities was Sydney Airport's GA terminal and was also used by RAAF VIP flights until terrorism concerns forced them to a more secure part of the airport.