This newly delivered early production Meteor F.4 was the first jet aircraft to visit Manchester's Ringway Airport, when it attended a display organised by the based 613 (City of Manchester) Squadron. It later served 245 Squadron RAF.
Argentina was the first to place an export order for the Meteor and received 100 F.4s, 50 ex-RAF and 50 new-build. Many have been preserved, including this one (operated from 1949 to 1971) outside Air Force HQ at Edificio Condor near Retiro railway station
The oldest surviving Meteor in the UK; only the former EE527, preserved in Argentina, is older (prototype DG202 at the RAF Museum was an F.9/40 and never officially named Meteor). Served A&AEE and wfu at Lasham in 1953, moving to the Midland Air Museum 20 years later. Lots to see here... (note the Fairey Ultra-Light Helicopter behind)
Meteor F.4 of 74 Squadron, based at RAF Horsham St Faith, Norfolk. Taxying towards RAF Ringway on a communications flight. Later used for advanced training by 205 AFS and then modified as a U.15 target drone in March 1956.