Has an amazing history: built as NC25630 for United Airlines; impressed by the USAAF as 42-53504; allocated to the RAF as AX756 in September 1941; loaned to BOAC as G-AGCN 'Lake Victoria'; later served with the Spanish Air Force; returned to the USA as N9933F; purchased by Fieldair (NZ) in 1958 and used for agricultural work. Now under restoration at the Museum of Transport and Technology, Auckland.
Delivered to TCA in January 1941. Converted to Model 18-08A in January 1942. Sold to Imperial Oil on 1 October 1949. Later to N655KC. Image in flight over the Greater Halifax area with RCN Shearwater visible below the aircraft. Obtained from TCA 60 years ago.