This nice Spitfire LF16E was delivered to the RAF in 1945 having been built at Castle Bromwich. It flew with the Battle of Britain memorial flight until 1960 when it was damaged in a belly landing. It is seen here acting as a gate guardian at Northolt. Acquired in 1989 by Historic Flying Ltd as G-XVIB it became airworthy again in 1995. Flown as GE-D/Winston Churchill with 349 (Belgium) markings.