RAF Church Fenton's gate guardian as 5718M between 1962 and 1975, when it moved to RAF Henlow for use in the Battle of Britain movie as a static airframe. It was later sold as G-MKVB and returned to flying condition, and is now a regular at Duxford's Flying Legends air displays.
Pictured during some winter down-time in one of the hangars at Duxford. Note the interesting piece of wall art in the background representing a B-17 from the 92nd BG, the oldest in the US Eighth Air Force, based at Podington during WWII. After closure of the base in 1946 the site reverted to agricultural use and the hut that housed this picture became a pig-sty. Other buildings on base were demolished so for this reason the picture survived. It was 'rescued' and brought to Duxford in 1989.