Two SH-3As were based at the Sao Paulo during the very first carrier qualifications of the AF-1 Skyhawks. The helicopters were tasked to protect the carrier during its operations in the Atlantic Ocean.
Break of three Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Air Force Tucano's over Kish. The other two IRGCAF Emb's are 1524-03 and 15-2405. The trio - based at Shiraz/Shahid Dastghaib Intl and assigned to the sole IRGCAF Training sq, flew a fine display over the tiny Arabian Sea/ Persian Gulf island.
Taken on strength March 8, 1948, this North Star took part in the type's stand down ceremony at RCAF Station Trenton on December 8, 1965. Donated to the National Aeronautical Collection, the aircraft spent the next 40 years stored outside due to lack of space. Presently housed in the re-named Canadian Aviation and Space Museum's storage/restoration building opened in 2005, it has been undergoing restoration by volunteers on and off as time and space permit.
419 Squadron CF-5D displays the "Faux Pas" aggressor color scheme, one of five representing Warsaw Pact aircraft markings used by the Canadian Air Force. Delivered December 9, 1968, it was retired when the type was withdrawn in 1995 due to budget constraints. Stored until 2006 when it was donated to the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta.
The appropriately-registered, appropriately-named 'Carpe Diem' backtracking on Runway 14 after arriving at the Wide Bay Internationa Airshow where it gave it's usual scintillating performances in the hands of Richard McDonald. The aircraft is actually a Polish-built, ex-Polish Air Force SBLim-2 and was registered in Australia on 18 January 1991.
One of the real stars of the superb Museum of Flight. The Komet was a rocket powered interceptor aircraft with a performance far better than any allied aircraft of the time though it was hampered by a very short flight time. It entered service in May 1944. The wheeeled undercarriage dropped away on take-off with the aircraft landing on a skid in a similar way to that which most gliders do.