Built by Armstrong Whitworth at Bitteswell in 1956 for the RAF as F.6 XF515. Served 43 Squadron, which markings it wears here. Converted to F6A. Retired in 1984 as 8830M. Registered as G-KAXF in 1995. By 2009 painted as Netherlands AF "N-294".
It flew for the first time on 29 August 1955 and was delivered to the RAF on 19 September 1955. On retirement from flying duties WV398 was allotted instructional airframe No. 7767M on 12 November 1962. Sold back to Hawker Siddeley at Bitteswell on 3 December 1972 and allotted "B" class registration G-9-411. Overhauled and converted to a T.68 for the Swiss Air Force. Delivered as J-4203. Preserved at Payerne, Switzerland.
The very end of Dutch rule in the East. Hunters N-108 and N-135 of 322 squadron taxiing out at Mokmer airfield for a goodbye flight over Biak, New Guinea. These Mk.4 Hunters have the sawtooth wing leading edge modification. N-273, a Mk.6, is in the shelter on the right. Photo from: Nederlands Instituut voor Militaire Historie