Considered the best fighter-bomber of its day, the nuclear-capable F-84F was also quite daunting to student pilots: there were no two-seaters. Delivered in 1957 and based later at Gioia del Colle as displayed.
Built under the Mutual Defense Assistance Program, accepted from factory early 1956 and delivered to the AMI in Spring that year. Preserved since 1972 and eventually restored with original markings of the 3º Stormo Ricognitori.
In full colour scheme of the 'Tigri Bianche' aerobatic team of 51°Stormo. Actually flew with them, but on display now as MM51-16746, which was another 'Tigri Bianche' F-84G that went from Italy to Greece, via the USA. Previously in the museum with its real identity, 111049/51-18.