This was a WWI reconnaissance and bomber type. It first flew on 21st November 1916 and by the end of the war about 5500 had been built for military purposes. After the war a two seat passenger version was built and in total as many as 7800 may have been built. Very few survive. This example was displayed at the Musee de l'Air prior to the move to Le Bourget where it is now exhibited
Prior to the move of the Musee de l'Air to Le Bourget, much of the collection was displayed or stored at Chalais Meudon, which is where this aircraft was seen displayed. This is the third Canard built by Henri Fabre, and it differed quite a bit from his earlier attempts. This Hydravion (sea plane) first flew on March 28, 1910.
This unique aircraft was built in 1933 specifically for the French Coupe Deutsch de la Meurthe air race. On 29th September, 1933 it travelled 2000 km in 6 hours 11 minutes and 45 seconds. It is seen here in the Musee de l'Air prior to the move of the museum to Le Bourget
Prior to the move of the Musee de L'Air to Le Bourget, many aircarft were stored and exhibited at Chalais Meudon. This 1918 built rare beauty is seen on display there though it is not at Le Bourget and is on loan to the USAF Museum at Dayton.
Prior to the move of the Musee de l'Air to Le Bourget, many aircraft were stored or displayed at Chalais Meudon. This Breguet, named "Point d'Interrogation" set a world distance record of 4,912 miles (7905 km) in September 1929 by flying from Le Bourget to Manchuria. In 1930 it completed the first successful East-West crossing of the Atlantic, flying from Paris to New York.
Prior to the move of the Musee de l'Air to Le Bourget many of the aircraft were stored and exhibited at Chalais Meudon. This marvellous 1918 built aircraft is seen on display there. It is in totally original condition.
Th Pfalz was a German WWI aircraft that first flew in March 1918 and started to enter service in June. About 800 were built. This example is see before the Musee de l'Air collection moved to Le Bourget.
Seen at Chalais Meudon prior to the move of the Musee de l'Air et de L'Espace to Le Bourget. Built in 1915 this aircraft was unusual for the period in that it was a metal construction. The type was used as an observation and light bomber aircraft in WWI. Whilst it did not carry a serial at the time of this photograph it is now preserved in in a diorama at Le Bourget as V955.
This aircraft, built in 1917, was seen at the Musee deL'Air collection at Chalais Meudon before the collection moved to Le Bourget. It was basically unrestored and looked better for it. I am uncertain whether the markings are French or British.