This Puma was a new addition to the Bristows fleet when seen at their Redhill base in 1977. It left the UK for Australia in 1982 becoming VH-WOD, and was last noted as N505R some years ago. Scanned from a slide
This Devon (originally delivered in Dec 1948) last flew in the early 1980s (as G-KOOL) and arrived in Redhill in 1985, on delivery to the East Surrey College as a gate guard. In 2000 it was donated to Daniel & Kevin Hunt's East Surrey Aviation Group (ESAG). Following brief spells at the Territorial Army Centre in Redhill and at Goodwood Aerodrome, it returned to Redhill in Nov 2002 for a full restoration. Painted in full RAF markings in 2004. ESAG became the Wings Museum at Redhill in 2007, which in 2009 moved to Balcombe, but this Devon remained behind at Redhill, as seen here. Acquired by the Yorkshire Air Museum in Nov 2010.
Prototype Akrostar MK.II. The number 27 related to its recent participation in the World Aerobatic Championships at Hullavington. The famous pilot Neil Williams somehow survived a wing failure in his Zlin 526 Akrobat G-AWAR during a practice session 5 June for these championships. Later preserved at the Deutsches Museum - Flugwerft Schleissheim in a red and white livery.
Ex DE974 'The Archbishop' 2nd of Rollason's 'Super' Tiger Moths modified for racing and aerobatics.Flown inverted from Lympne, Kent to Le Touquet, France by Elwyn McAully on 27th June, 1959 to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of Blériot's Channel crossing.
Impressed April 1940 as X9407. Having been withdrawn from use in May 1959 has been a restoration project attempted for over 50 years. Last known at Seething (2009) via Redhill, Duxford, Isle of Man and Fenland