Captured during static display during open day 1981. This is one of the five Noratlas modified for Mirage IV navigators training within CIFAS 00-328. They were equiped with APU and Mirage IV bombing radar. All were Withdrawn from use in 1985.
This Noratlas was taken on charge on 23 Nov 1956 and struck off charge on 20 Aug 1987. The next day it was flown to Merville, on delivery to the Institut Aéronautique Amaury de la Grange for instructional use. It was still there by mid 2017. The remnants of one of the aircraft's previous codes, 63-VL (carried from 1 Dec 1978 until 2 Feb 1982 while serving with ET 1/63), are still vaguely visible on the tail boom.
Taken on charge on 2 Mar 1960 and converted to RNR version (Radio Navigation Radar, hence the nose radome) in Apr 1970, as one of six aircraft to undergo such conversion. Struck off charge in Jul 1986 and flown to Nancy on 3 Nov 1987 on delivery to the Musée de l'Aéronautique de Nancy. That museum and its collection sustained severe damage during a storm in Dec 1999 and was forced to close in 2000. The Noratlas remained in the closed museum until at least Feb 2004, but by Aug 2004 it had moved on to this museum in Albert. The aircraft is still showing code and badge of Groupement École 316 (GE 316), with which it served from 20 Apr 1970 until 29 Jul 1986. The aircraft's name refers to the Battle of the Viombois farm on 4 Sep 1944.