Built in 1944 by Scottish Aviation at Prestwick for RAF for use as radio-controlled aircraft for gunnery training. One of a number of Queen Bees which survived the war, but this is the only example to have been restored to flying condition. The c/n 1435 is also quoted for this airframe.
KC-97G tanker of Strategic Air Command displayed at the 1956 Armed Forces Day at RAF Burtonwood, Lancashire. This version did not have turbojet boosters. The red fin is in case of force landing in hostile arctic territory. Wears the SAC blue star-spangled sash on mid fuselage. Later converted to C-97G.
Built for USAAF as B-23 39-0051 but operated as a transport aircraft without redesignation to UC-67. Disposed in 1945 and served several corporate operators until 1973 when acquired by the Pima Museum. Seen in course of refurbishment for continued display.
Built as C-47B 43-49442 but delivered direct to the US Navy as R4D-6 50811 in 11.44. Later designated C-47J. Served many USN units until retired to Pensacola in 05.73. Loaned to the Robins Museum and painted as "Saylor's Trailer" in 9th AF scheme with "serial" '4349442'.