The Aero 45 was a twin-piston engined civil utility aircraft produced in Czechoslovakia after WWII. Aero Vodochody produced the aircraft between 1947-1951 and then Let until 1961 with a total of 590 rolling off the lines. This example is on display at the Let museum at LKKU.
Reregistered VH-WWH a few days after this photo. Used by Commodore to service lighthouses off the South Australian coast. Was on its way to Eden, NSW, to spot for tuna when it crashed at Cootamundra on October 3, 1966.
Visiting from Port Lincoln to drop off a passenger for an airline flight. VH-WWC was withdrawn from use in 1976. It returned to the register in 2001 as a long-term restoration project with the registration VH-ZCL.