To MASDC May 4, 1965. She was returned to USAF service on 23 April 1970. Put on display at NAS JRB Forth Worth, Texas. Purchased by a private party in December 2001 and trucked to Colorado Springs, Colorado, and used as a restaurant.
The B-52 Memorial Park is located within the Orlando International Airport just off the Beachline Expressway formerly the Bee Line near runway 18L. It is under the control of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA). This retired B-52D was at one time assigned to the 306th Bomb Wing of the now defunct McCoy Air Force Base. The bomber was built in 1956 and retired in 1984. Final flight was from its last unit of assignment, the 7th Bomb Wing at Carswell AFB in Fort Worth Texas, to the former McCoy AFB, now Orlando International Airport, on February 20, 1984.
Sometimes listed as a VC-97D but lacks the rear upper deck passenger door of that model. Used as an airborne command post by SAC. Corrosion found in wings and used for fire practice at Barksdale Air Force Base