Part of "Ailes anciennes de Toulouse" museum. Has been re painted in desert camo colours as it was within fighter squadron "Vexin" (EC 3/10) which was equiped with Mirage IIIC and based in Djibouti during the 80's .
Assembled in Australia in 1946 from parts sent from the UK. Served initially with the Central Flying School and then 82 Bomber Wing. Switched to maritime reconnaissance in 1949 with 10 Squadron. In storage at East Sale from 1956 before being listed for disposal in 1959. Photo from: National Library of Australia
Transport conversion of the Beaufort bomber nicknamed Beaufreighter. 46 conversions. The markings under the wing are urging Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungle to surrender. A9-712 crashed at Rabaul on November 21, 1945. Piva North airfield remained in use as late as 1988 but is now closed. Photo from: State Library of Queensland
A73-62 was the first new Lincoln delivered with an extended nose to provide room for additional crew and equipment needed for maritime reconnaissance operations. The final 12 Australian-built Lincolns (of 73) were modified before delivery and eight others were returned by the RAAF to Government Aircraft Factory for conversion, including the prototype. -62 was withdrawn from use in 1961. The location of the photo is believed to the GAF factory at Fisherman's Bend in inner-city Melbourne. The airstrip closed in 1957. This is an official photo by GAF.