Delivered new to the RNZAF as NZ5906 in Oct 1952. Bought by Dwen Airmotive in Aug 1978 and registered ZK-EPC. Briefly operated by their subsidiary Hercules Airlines from 1984 until early 1986, then stored at Ardmore as seen here. Note NZ5906 still visible at rear. Moved to Waihi Beach, NZ and restored in RNZAF camouflage in the mid 1990s, for use as a tearoom. Moved to Woodlyn Park, Waitomo, NZ in Dec 2001 and restored as the Woodlyn Park Plane Motel, located near the Waitomo Caves. Still there by 2019.
A81-2 was lost when its port wing separated near Mallala on February 25, 1953. The aircraft was on an IFR training flight. The investigation concluded A81-2 had been overstressed during an earlier training flight that day. On that flight the navigator had blacked out due to the G being pulled.