Retired Canadian history, the prototype Twin Otter is pictured stored outside De Havilland Canada's factory. After years of test flying and demonstrating, it was donated to the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum in October 1981. It's presently on display in the museum at Rockliffe, Ont.
Not a pretty plane, but it's functional. It's an Australian crop duster design and in this photo you can see the spray bars. The photo was taken at Woodland, CA when this company demonstrator was on a sales tour. It was later registered N12PL.
The survival of A46-54 is remarkable because its stripped airframe was sold for scrap in 1955. About 1973 the fuselage frame was purchased by Les Arthur who had an aviation museum on his property at Wellcamp, near Toowoomba. Not long after the photo it was acquired by Greg Batts and became a long-term restoration project. In 2001 it was registered VH-MHB but it was still a long way from completion. New wings were mated to the restored fuselage in 2017.
The Empress of Santiago was with CP Air/Canadian Pacific from November 1967 to February 1978, although it was leased to Flying Tiger for the last six months. After return from Flying Tiger, the freighter was sold to IAS Cargo Airlines as G-BSKY.