Delivered in 1954 to the airline of then Netherlands New Guinea. The lake is near Jayapura, then known as Hollandia. The Beaver went to Merpati in 1962 as PK-GBA, fate unknown. Photo from: Nationaal Archief (Netherlands)
C-124C of 31 Air Transport Squadron, Military Air Transport Service. It wears the then current '3005' abbreviated fin serial when taxying for departure from the snowy Burtonwood (Lancs) logistics base in early 1955.
One of 30 Vampire Trainers assembled and test flown at Ringway by Fairey Aviation between July 1954 and September 1955. XD612 was the eighteenth to be completed and is seen in Fairey's flight shed shortly after painting. Operated by 11 Flying Taining School RAF and scrapped at 27 MU RAF Shawbury in 1964.