Preserved at a roundabout near Chièvres airbase, wearing code "7J-B" of the personal aircraft of 7 Smaldeel's commanding officer at the time, Capt. Corbeel. This aircraft, which never actually carried this code during its operational life, was taken on charge in April 1958. It was struck off charge only four years later, in June 1962. The aircraft was later displayed at Brustem airbase, and went into storage when that base closed in 1996. The Hunter was restored to display condition in 2006 and shortly thereafter placed on display as seen here.
Built by Fairey Aviation at Ringway in January 1956 and made the RAF's last Venom sortie with 28 Squadron in June 1962. Now preserved at London Colney. Also newly completed Gannet AS.4 and USAF B-26 Invaders for servicing.
One of 30 Vampire Trainers assembled and test flown at Ringway by Fairey Aviation between July 1954 and September 1955. XD612 was the eighteenth to be completed and is seen in Fairey's flight shed shortly after painting. Operated by 11 Flying Taining School RAF and scrapped at 27 MU RAF Shawbury in 1964.
The last of 661 Fairey-built Halifaxes makes its maiden flight at Ringway. Delivered on 17 October to 48 MU. Served at RAF Pershore and with the Middle East Air Force. Scrapped in early 1949. Obtained from Faireys over 50 years ago.