In 1955 Auster modified two T.7s, (along with WE563) for use in the Commonwealth Trans-Antartic Expedition, to be known as the Auster Antartic. Alterations included better radio equipment, a larger tail surface, use of floats or skis as required and a bright-orange high-vis scheme. After returning from the expedition this airframe was allocated the non-flying serial 7602M and was delegated to display status paving the way for her eventual arrival at Cosford during 1989.
651 (AOP) Squadron Auster AOP.6 visiting from its Middle Wallop base. Later civilianised as Beagle Terrier G-APRO. Pipework for Blackbushe's wartime FIDO installation, (Fog, Intensive Dispersal Of), is visible in the background.