This 1959 build 707 was seen in Heathrow's Cargo Area in 1973. It crashed as N730JP in 1976 whilst operating for Lloyd Aéreo Boliviano when it failed to get airborne from Santa Cruz with the loss of all 3 crew and 88 on the ground.
This ex American Airlines 707 was seen in the British Airways maintenance area at Heathrow in 1977 in the process of sale to Dresser Industries and executive conversion as N5038. It was broken up for spares at Davis Monthan in 1983. Scanned from a slide.
Delivered to American Airlines as Flagship Maryland N7507A February 27, 1958. this early 707 was bought by Atlantic Richfield (ARCO) in May 1987. It was sold to Coastal States Gas Corm and hush-kitted in May 1987. Sold to several leasing companies over the years, but continued to be operated for Coastal States Gas. The airliner was retired and stored at Miami, FL in March 1995 and soon flown to Amarillo, TX to be broken up.
The first of two 707s bought from American Airlines in late 1974. Used for long range international charters, this aircraft was sold to World Jet Aviation in January 1979. After flying with United African Airlines for 3 years, it was broken up at Brussels,Belgium in August 1984.
Photo taken before its first flight, which was as N31239. As the first of the shortest 707 model (only 13 built, all for Qantas), it undertook a brief test program. This meant VH-EBB was delivered to Australia first. It was named City of Canberra and -EBA was renamed City of Melbourne. Note that soon after delivery, -EBB reverted to its planned name of City of Sydney and VH-EBC became the third 707 to be named City of Canberra in a few months.
Actually this is line number 6 of all 707s built. Delivered originally to Pan Am as N712PA in 1958, it is pictured on taxiway 'Foxtrot' in front of a spring shower, having just arrived on the weekly service from Istanbul.
Stopping for fuel at Dublin on the first leg of the long flight home to Australia, following restoration at Southend. This was the first of seven 707-138s ordered by Qantas and it was delivered to the airline in 1959 as VH-EBA.