"Photon" was delivered new to KLM on 17 July 1953. It is arriving at Manchester Ringway to pick up passengers for a trans-atlantic charter flight. It was stored at Schiphol from November 1961 and broken up in June 1963.
TCA's L1049C CF-TGC taxies towards Heathrow North on arrival from Canada in September 1954. It is still in the original all-metallic finish with no white top and served the airline from April 1954 to March 1962, latterly being updated to L1049G standard.