This Crate was first registered with LOT in September 1956 but was converted for photo-survey work in 1967. It was transferred to Aeropol in 1974, retired in 1987, used by the Airport Fire Department for training and then gradually fell into disrepair.
This Il-14 was TOC by the Polish AF as '005', subsequently '0833', in October 1956. It was retired in December 1987 and then ferried to Speyer in early 1988. It was flown to Sinsheim underneath a GAF CH-53G and is on display in these fake Bulgarian Air Transport markings a without registration.
In the woods northeast of Berlin is this former Russian airbase, which now hosts a collection of mostly East German aircraft, the Yak-28R in the background being an exception. The Il-14 was built by VEB Flugzeugbau Dresden in 1958. It served as a government transport as DM-VAD, then in the air force as 482
A very special opportunity indeed to be among the first few foreigners allowed on board this painstakingly restored veteran. A search for a c/n didn't yield a result on this occasion so the aircraft's build identity remained a mystery till 2013