Airworthy replica of the sole 1934-built Howard DGA-6 racing cabin monoplane which won the 1935 Bendix trophy. It was damaged beyond repair in a forced landing during the 1936 race. The replica, powered by a P&W R1340, was built in 1985 by R. Younkin and is painted to closely represent the original.
A week-long Air Forces Fair held at Wright Field in October 1945 attracted more than 500,000 visitors. This is one of many aircraft seized by the Americans and brought to the USA. Several were on display at the Fair.
This aircraft was delivered to the RAAF in June 1975 as A19-040. It served with 1FTS at Point Cook and in 1989 took part in a 70th anniversary re-enactment of the first crossing of Australia by air, as you can see from the sticker underneath the windscreen. Seen here at a wet and gloomy Boort Fly-in.
Delivered to the RAF in August 1955. Served No. 8 Flying Training School based at RAF Swinderby, Lincolnshire. Struck off charge in June 1965, but already semi-derelict at No. 19 Maintenance Unit at St Athan by March 1965.