Delivered to the RAF College at Cranwell in 1933, being one of 280 delivered to become the RAF's standard trainer. Sold postwar as G-AHSA and currently airworthy with the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden. Image obtained 60 years ago.
Originally a US Navy S2F-1 Tracker (BuNo 136712). Withdrawm from use in 1979 and stored at MASDC. Acquired by Conair in 1987 as C-GYQY and converted to Conair Firecat, then delivered to the Sécurité Civile as F-ZBEW in May 1987 (using F-WEOJ for the ferry flight). Returned to Conair in Sep 1993 for conversion to Turbo Firecat, and redelivered as F-ZBEW in July 1994 (using F-WEOL for both ferry flights).
This hulk of 11 WHITE is on display at the Luftfahrtmuseum Finowfurt. The Fw-190 served with 1/JG11 and was recovered from the bottom of a lake near Alt Zeschdorf, Frankfurt (O) after crashing on 15th Feb. 1945. After the recovery the body of the pilot, Leutnant Hans Grapenthin, could finally be laid to rest.
Built by Erla in Leipzig in 1943, this Bf 109G of 5./JG 3, based at Schiphol, was shot down by 487 Fighter Sqn P-47Ds over Holland on 4 December 1943. Jan van Huuksloot is on a mission to reconstruct the dug-up pieces, using newly-built structural parts and bits of other Bf 109s.
After the Mirage III 001 prototype, ten Mirage IIIA evaluation aircraft were built. No 09, listed as written off on 20 June 1961, is missing an air intake cone. In the background is MD.312 Flamant F-AZEO, painted in South Vietnamese colours.
Former US Air Force 44-74536 finished its military career in the mid 50s and was sold as surplus in 1958 for $3,700. First registered N5452V, followed by N991RC in 1966 and N991R circa 1969, it has been a very frequent racer at Reno until 2012. The famous Mustang is now flying out of the Oklahoma Museum of Flying.
'Trojan 01' landed and about to back up on Runway 14 on arrival for static display at the Wide Bay International Airshow. This aircraft has been re-painted in the RAAF Hercules fleet's standard grey scheme. It was delivered new to the RAAF on 3 October 1978 and served initially with 36 Squadron.