Ex Italian Air Force MM5701 of 18º Gruppo Caccia Terrestre / 95ª Squadriglia, which made a forced landing near Orford Ness on the English east coast on 11 Nov 1940 during a bombing mission out of Belgium. It was salvaged and two weeks later it was allocated RAF serial BT474. In Apr 1941 it was transferred to the Air Fighting Development Unit at Duxford, where it was test flown for about a year. After years of storage at various locations, it was eventually restored in the mid 1960s, and it is seen here displayed at the 1969 RAF Chivenor Open Day. Restored in its original Italian markings in 1974 and allocated RAF maintenance serial 8468M in 1976, it eventually ended up with the RAF Museum Hendon.