Postcard probably published in 1929. Later G-AEPU and SE-AHA. Donated to Finland and ferried from Sweden on 12 March 1940. Served in Finnish air force as FE-1 and crashed 27 September 1941 following an engine failure.
Prototype of the large twin-engined F.VIII airliner which had a 12-passenger interior in KLM service. It crashed near Sevenoaks, England after less than two months with the airline in 1927, but the company still ordered six production aircraft to serve its busiest European routes. Photo from: Nederlands Instituut voor Militaire Historie
Schiphol was quite a throbbing hub by 1930. Seen here are three of KLM's 15-passenger Fokker F.VIIIs, PH-AEF, -AED and -AEI. Also present are three foreign Junkers, including G24s D-901 and D-1092 of Lufthansa, and Farman F.60 Goliath F-AEAU of Lignes Aériennes Farman. Photo from: Amsterdam City Archives
First flown on 12 March 1927, the F.VIII was a largish airliner designed for KLM's busiest European routes. Baggage could be loaded through the nose. Fokker built this one for Malert in Hungary and Manfréd Weiss in Budapest built another three. Photo from: Amsterdam City Archives