Built in 1971 at Chester and Woodford as a Nimrod MR.1 and later converted to MR.2 standard. Retired in 2010 after service with the Kinloss Wing and flown into Elvington. Maintained in taxying condition.
Built for the RAF by DH Hatfield in 1948, serving many units including 207 Squadron, the markings of which it now wears. SOC in 1982 and last flew (as G-KOOL) shortly thereafter. Officially de-registered in 2012, but by then it hadn't flown in nearly 30 years.
Built for RAF in 1948 as Auster AOP.6 VW993 serving 663 and 651 Squadrons. Sold to Beagle Aircraft in 1962 and converted to Terrier 2 G-ASCD with new c/n B.615. Later PH-SFT. After retirement restored in AOP.6 colours as VW993 for display at Elvington.
Built in 1958 as XL572, serving various RAF training units. Later 8834M at Cosford and G-HNTR. It has been painted as "XL571" 'V' of 92 Squadron which was the lead aircraft of the "Blue Diamonds" aerobatic team in the early 1960's.
Mignet HM.14 "Flea" built in 1975 using original prewar plans. Allocated BAPC.76. It unofficially wears "G-AFFI" which was an unallocated prewar UK registration. Now (2019) displayed at the East Fortune Museum.
Sir George Cayley designed what he descibed as a "Governable Parachute" which was first flown in 1853 at Brompton Vale, Scarborough. This 1974 replica was flown for a TV programme about the life of Sir George from Anglia Television and later in the IMAX film "On the Wing" in 1986. The full history may be found at http://yorkshireairmuseum.org/exhibits/pre-world-war-ii-aircraft/cayley-glider/